Friday, May 3, 2013

Undergraduate Research Writing Conference

Extra Credit #1


On Wednesday, April 10th I attended the Undergraduate Research Writing Conference as a chance to earn extra credit for Research in the Disciplines. I attended the 10:30 session where I was able to hear three students present and explain topics that they had spent a lot of time researching and working on. The group of speaker that I decided to attend was in the Livingston Conference Room where there were presentations on student financial aid, the water bottle industry, and stem cells. It was interesting to see how passion fueled their spark to research and how hard work showed off in their presentations. I find that the more personal story of student financial aid, which also pertains to our class, was especially interesting because she used her life experience to form her research. It was great to see my peers doing research that was interesting and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment